Invisalign Treatments from Harland & Dear
Transform your smile with discreet aligners that straighten crooked teeth and remove gaps with Invisalign at Harland & Dear. Invisalign is a virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth. Using advanced 3D computer-imaging technology, Invisalign shows you your complete treatment plan from start to finish. You get to see how the small, individual movements will improve your smile.
Each aligner is worn for one week before being replaced by the next in the series, gradually moving towards the desired final position. During a consultation with our invisalign dentist, you will get an idea of how long the treatment will take. Each person’s treatment can differ in length.
Why choose Invisalign?
Unlike conventional braces, Invisalign aligners are made of strong medical grade thermoplastic material. They are near invisible and are custom-made for you so they fit snugly over your teeth. You can eat and drink what you want during treatment by simply removing the aligners. You can also remove the aligners to brush and floss as you normally would to maintain your normal oral hygiene routine.
What does the treatment involve?
- First, you can visit us for a consultation with invisalign dentist Dr Shivali Patel. During this, we can talk about what treatment we can offer and how long we predict it will take.
- We can then scan your teeth and use 3D technology to generate a personal plan, foreseeing how we reach your desire position.
- The first aligner you wear will be the closest to your current teeth arrangement. After one week, you will wear the next aligner, gradually moving your teeth towards the final position. You may feel slight pressure when you wear a new aligner.
- How long the treatment takes depends on the extent of the treatment. Most treatments take between 6-8 months. Once you finish the treatment, we make a retainer using an impression of your teeth. Wearing the retainer will keep your teeth moving back.
iTero 3D Scanner
The iTero digital scanner is one of the most advanced orthodontic systems available. It can capture precise images inside the mouth, creating a picture of your teeth in minutes. It also ensures accurate planning, allowing us to show your predicted new smile before treatment has even begun.
The iTero scanner is used effectively in treatments such as Invisalign, dental implants, crowns and bridges.
- Allows more accurately detailed models of the teeth to be created
- Removes the need for messy, uncomfortable impressions
- Enables custom-made items to be created more quickly
- Provides a better, more precise fit for Invisalign trays before and during treatment