A missing tooth can make us incredibly embarrassed and stressed.
Bridges can restore your smile and make losing teeth a nightmare of the past. They can replace missing teeth, filling in spaces as an alternative to wearing dentures.
Bridges can use your existing teeth to support the false tooth made to fill in the gap. These are known as abutment teeth. Crowns are fitted over the teeth, holding the new tooth in place. We can also use implants to hold the bridge in place if needed.
Your smile isn’t the only thing improved by a bridge. Replacing missing teeth helps how you eat and speak. They really can restore your confidence.
If you think a bridge can help bring back your smile, get in touch. During a consultation, our specialist can talk through the treatment options and processes.
Here’s what to expect:
- The teeth needed for the bridge, the abutment teeth, are prepared by removing a later of the tooth.
- We take impressions of your teeth to make sure we create the perfect fit.
- So you aren’t left with a gap between appointments, we provide a temporary bridge to protect your exposed teeth.
- When the bridge has been created, we invite you back for your fitting. The crowns are cemented in place.
- To see how implants are fitted, see our implant page. Link
- As with all our treatments, good oral hygiene will keep your bridge in great condition for longer.